Micro Macro Mundo Inc.
7564 S.W. 117th. Ave.
Miami Florida 33183
Monday to Friday11 to 7 (Mar/11 to Nov/4)
11 to 6 (Nov/5 to Mar/10)
10 to 3 Saturdays
Marklin 39193 Class E 19.1 Electric Locomotive
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel. 2 axles powered. Traction tires. Triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights at Locomotive End 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. The locomotive has the "Double 'A' Light" function. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The engineer's cabs and the engine room have interior details. A locomotive figure is included for installation in the cab. The locomotive body has numerous separately applied details. The locomotive has prototypical double arm pantographs. The locomotive running gear is finely detailed and has prototypical modelling of the quill drive wheels. The buffers are constructed of metal separately applied in convex and flat versions. A booklet gives information about the history of the locomotive. Length over the buffers 19.5 cm / 7-11/16".
E 19 12 Museum Locomotive "The fast E 19 pulling FD express trains in five hours and 50 minutes from Munich to Berlin", read the euphoric announcement from the president of the Erfurt Region, Offenberg District, at that time for the opening of electric operation between Nürnberg and Saalfeld on May 13, 1939. The DRG had planned continuous electric operation between Munich and Berlin, the line Nürnberg – Halle being run at 150 km/h / 94 mph and between Halle and Berlin, the plan even being to reach a continuous speed of 180 km/h / 113 mph. The DRG had two each test locomotives developed starting in 1937 by AEG (E 19 01 and 02) and by Henschel/SSW (E 19 11 and 12) for express train service on this main line. Both firms went back to the concept of the successful E 18, but all four E 19 units were equipped with considerably more powerful motors, sturdier drive gear elements, as well as pilot wheels of larger diameter. The electrical part of both designs differed considerably. The AEG units had four newly developed AC series-wound motors and the SSW locomotives had four eight-pole double motors. In addition, the E 19 units had electric resistance brakes for running in test operation at speeds of up to 225 km/h / 141 mph. The four E 19 units were delivered between January 1939 and July 1940 with an exclusive, wine-red paint scheme. The outbreak of World War II however prevented extensive testing. After the end of the war, all four units remained in the western zones and were downgraded by the DB by the beginning of the Fifties to 140 km/h / 88 mph. Still, road number E 19 12 carried out extensive test runs after the electrification of the line Nürnberg – Regensburg, and on May 15, 1950 even pulled the opening train decorated and with honored guests to Regensburg. With one exception, the E 19 units (starting in 1968: 119) spent their lives stationed at Nürnberg Main Station. Between 1968 and spring of 1970 these "Race Horses" had to shift their service to Hagen-Eckesey. From there, they went back to Nürnberg in 1970 in very poor condition where the staff was familiar with them and achieved better performance again thanks to good maintenance. Road number 119 011 was the first to be retired in 1975 due to transformer damage. The other three units also followed between 1977 and 1978. Two of the "Race Horses" were preserved for the future: Road number E 19 12 stands as a DB museum locomotive in the original wine red paint scheme in the Nürnberg Transportation Museum and the AEG museum locomotive, road number E 19 01 also in the original paint scheme is on loan to the German Technology Museum in Berlin.
32 years in Business
Largest Marklin &Trix/MiniTrixDealer in USA
Manufacturers in stock.